Wednesday, January 30, 2008

One more day....


... till court.


We had a great time with Nick today. We got smiles, giggles, and babbles... what else can one ask for? He is slowly coming out of his shell and thinking he can trust these two strangers making the goofy noises and silly faces.


Our facilitator is finishing up some documents that we need for court, so we skipped the shopping today. Maybe Friday, if not I will try in Moscow.


Mely, it is cold! Our translator told me it was -27 this AM. That is Celsius though.. but I **think** it translates to about -15F. That's a rough guess though.


On that note, better go bundle up. We are going next door to have dinner, and then make an attempt to get some sleep! We have to be up at 5:00 AM. We leave here at 6:00 AM and need to make a 3 hour drive to Kemerovo, that is where court is held. We are told that we need to wait a few hours after court ends for documents to be issued before we drive back. It will be a long day, but oh so worth it!

Can't wait for you all to meet him, in the mean time, I have posted a sneak peak! ;-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to see some pictures of his sweet little face. Stay warm (if possible.)

adrianna

Anonymous said...

Awww...what a tease that picture is. Have safe travels to/from the Land of the Courts.

I suspect this will be one, albeit long, day you'll remember for a lifetime. Weeeeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

My visit to your blog today was so exciting! Nick is now walking....yeah! Looking forward to pictures...

Allison Bantz

Becky said...

My thoughts are with you in court today! I am so excited to meet my nephew! Best of luck with the rest of your trip. Safe travels :)

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful hands to hold forever! Thinking of you.....

Darice

Mely said...

If I wouldn't be so broke I would take a flight and meet that little one...because the waiting is killing me :o)!....the good thing is that you are 18 hrs ahead of me, so I will see Nick tomorrow by noon PT if I am lucky!!!

Good Luck tomorrow at court...praying for all of you!